A new layout is needed for lines of Shipment documents that include the following information from the item table:
- The Description 2 field (used by this company to store the Item Name).
To create the proper relationships between the tables, the Sales Shipment Lines table is entered with no indentation while the Item table is indented below the Sales Shipment Lines table. The indentation inditcates that the item tabel is a child object of the sales shipment lines table.
Create Document Layout Header
Follow these steps to create a document layout header:
1. On the quick access toolbar available in the top right-hand corner of the application, click the magnifying glass icon. In the TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO DO window that appears, start typing Document Layout. As you start typing in your query, it gives you suggestions from which you can choose the required one. Once you select Document Layout, the page is displayed. Otherwise, you can search for the Lasernet Document Mgt. page from which you can access the Document Layout page.
2. On the main menu, click New. As a result, a new Document Layout page opens.
3. In the No. field, type Shipment.
4. In the Description field, type Shipment Lines.
5. In the Document field, type Shipment or select the Shipment value from the drop-down list.
Continue on article Create a Document Layout Section for Sales Shipment Line