Follow these steps to create the Sales Shipment Line section in Document Layout:
1. On the Document Layout page, locate the Sections FastTab.
2. On the Sections FastTab, you can see an entry. For this example, select Line from the Section Type drop-down combo box.
You can select either Line or Header as a section type. Selecting Line allows showing the information you are adding to your layout on the line level. Whereas Header allows adding it to the header level of your document.
3. In the Description field, type any value. In the provided example, it is Document Number, but you may also call it linktosalesshipmentline.
4. Sales Shipment Line has table number 111. In the Table No. field, type 111 and then press ENTER or TAB. The Table Name field is auto-populated with the table name which is Sales Shipment Line. Otherwise, you can click the three dots button, and then select the 111 (Sales Shipment Line) object from the list and click the OK button to add it, or just double-click the object.
There is no need to indent the first line because the proper relationship exists between Sales Shipment Line and Sales Shipment Header (i.e.: Sales Shipment Header is Top Data Item).
Indentation is needed when the link between tables exists. In this case, when you do not indent the line, the link is establish between the root node defined in the Document drop-down combo box.
5. With the first line selected, first click More options on the Sections FastTab to show more options, and then click Line > Filters.
6. On the Document Layout Filters page, click the three dots button in the Field No. field to open the Field List window presenting a list of fields for the Sales Shipment Line table.
7. Select the entry which has number 3 as Field No., Document No. as a field name, and then click OK.
8. On the Document Layout Filters page, in the Filter Field No. field, click the three dots button to open the Field List window presenting a list of fields for the Sales Shipment Header table.
9. Select the entry which has number 3 as Field No., No. as a field caption, and then click OK. As a result, the system receives the information that the reference key between these two tables is Document No. (Sales Shipment Line) and No. in (Shipment Header).
10. Click Close to close the Document Layout Filters page.
Continue reading Create Document Layout Section for Item