Follow these steps to create the Item section in Document Layout:
1. On the Document Layout page, locate the Sections FastTab.
2. On the Sections FastTab, first click Manage, and then click the New Line button to add a new entry. By default, an entry of the Header section type is added, so, for the newly added entry, you need to select Line as a section type.
3. In the Description field, type Item Number.
4. In the Table No. field, enter 27 and then press ENTER or TAB. The Table Name field is auto-populated with the Item table name. Otherwise, you can click the three dots button, and then select the 27 (Item) object from the list and click the OK button to add it.
5. The Item table needs to be related to Sales Shipment Line, so with the line selected, first click More options in the Sections FastTab to show more options, and then click Line > Increase Indentation to indent the Item table below the Sales Shipment Line table. This ensures establishing the table relation between the Item table and Sales Shipment Line.
6. Make sure the entry of the Item table is still selected, and then click Line > Filters on the Sections FastTab.
7. On the Document Layout Filters page, click the three dots button in the Field No. field to open the Field List window presenting a list of fields for the Item table.
8. Once the Field List window opens, the first entry, for which Field No. is 1 and Field Caption is No., is selected by default. So, just click OK.
It is so for the current example. It is not a case for all tables.
9. On the Document Layout Filters page, in the Filter Field No. field, click the three dots button to open the Field List window presenting a list if fields for Sales Shipment Line.
10. Select an entry for which the No. value is 6, and the Field Caption value is No., and then click OK.
The No. field on the Sales Shipment Line is related to the No. field on the Item table.
11. Click Close to close the Document Layout Filters page.
12. Make sure the entry of the Item table is still selected, and then click Line > Fields to select field(s) to be available in the Shipment document.
13. On the Document Layout Fields page, click the three dots button in the Field No. field.
14. Select an entry for which a field No. is 5, and a field name is Description 2, and then click OK.
15. On the Document Layout Fields page, in the Description field, type a text to be used as a header description for the field. In this case, type Item Name.
16. The description is translated to the correct language with the Document Translation setup (for more details, see the Document Translation article).
17. Follow steps 12–14 to add more fields, if needed.
18. Click Close to close the Document Layout Fields page.
The next time the Shipment document is printed, the document checks if the Description 2 field is populated for the item, and if so, it adds that description to the XML file that is sent to Lasernet.