This article will guide you through how to connect the Lasernet server together with the Lasernet Connector for Dynamics 365 Business Central. By this time you should have installed the Lasernet Connector within Business Central and the Lasernet server. You should also have entered the information within Lasernet Setup in Business Central. These information are needed here as well.
1. Login to the server where Lasernet are installed and open Lasernet Developer. Login with your user credentials.
2. Choose Import configuration.
3. Choose your Lasernet configuration that you receive in the software package and select Open.
4. First select Servers from the left menu.
5. Double click the default server and from the Instance drop down list, select the instance that match your server.
6. If you are using File System to communicate, then skip this and go to step 12. Select the JobInfos tab and correct the 2 Jobinfo's so they match your Azure Storage settings that you have entered within Business Central and Lasernet Setup.
When done, select Ok to close the form.
7. Select Modules from the left menu, and double click on the Azure Service Bus input port.
8. Enter to Azure Service Bus connection string and select the correct queue from the Entity Path drop down list. You can Test the connection in the lower left corner.
When done select Ok.
9. Select Commands from the left menu and double click on Azureblob.
10. Copy the Account key from the Azure Storage connection string and paste it into Key field and select Ok. You cannot test the connection because we use JobInfo's here.
11. Now we have made the connection via Azure. Please continue with step 15.
12. If you are using file system, select Modules from the left menu and double click on the File Input port.
13. Select the Setup tab and change the Directory path. Select Ok to close the form.
14. Please do the same on the File Output port. Both Directory path should match the input and output folder that you have entered with Business Central and Lasernet Setup.
Select Ok to close the form.
15. Select Commit from the top menu and give it a description. Select Ok.
16. Select Deploy from the top menu and deploy the configuration.
17. Please continue the configuration in Business Central by following the next articles.